Strawberry Jalapeño Margarita

by - 6:14 AM


When it comes to sipping on summertime drinks, margaritas are my go-to cocktail. I guess I can thank my Mexican heritage for my love of tequila! I was browsing for some beverage ideas for 4th of July (I ended up making this one) when I stumbled upon this delicious recipe for a strawberry jalapeño margarita this weekend and knew that I had to try it out! What is your favorite drink to shake up in the summer? 

Ingredients: 
  1. - 1½ oz. tequila
  2. - 1 oz. orange liqueur, such as Cointreau
  3. - ½ oz. agave nectar, or simple syrup
  4. - ¾ oz. fresh lime juice
  5. - 3 strawberries, sliced
  6. - 2 slices jalapeño
  7. - coarse sea salt for glasses


Directions
  1. Muddle the sliced strawberries, jalapeño and lime juice in a cocktail shaker. Add the tequila, orange liqueur, and agave nectar. Add ice and shake for a few seconds to mix everything together and to get the drink cold.
  2. Run a lime wedge along the edge of the glass. Dip into a plate of salt to coat the edge. Add ice and strain the margarita into the glass. Garnish with a jalapeño slice. 


You May Also Like

0 comments