Benefits of Double Cleansing Your Skin

by - 6:00 AM


With skincare on my mind this year, I've been doing a lot of research on various skincare routines. One that consistently came up was double cleansing. The more research I did the more I realized that it was something I definitely wanted to start incorporating it into my nighttime skin routine. 

What Is Double Cleansing?

Double cleansing is pretty straight forward. It involves washing your skin twice before you add serums, oils and moisturizers. Typically, you use an oil first to remove all of your makeup and then cleanse with your typical cleanser. 

Why Should You Double Cleanse? 

You are probably thinking, "what's the point of taking the extra step?" Well, think of all the stuff that you put on your face or that your face is exposed to during any given day. Makeup, dirty fingers, pollution, dust, you name it and it's probably on your face. Starting with the oil based cleanser allows the oil to breakdown all of the grime on your face and allows your foam or gel cleanser to penetrate your skin deeper. 

Picking Out Your Oil Cleanser.

There are hundreds if not thousands of options out there when it comes to that first step of the double cleansing process, but it is important to start with an oil based cleanser for this first step. I personally us Clinique's "Take The Day Off Cleansing Balm" and I love it! It really melts all of the makeup and dirt off your face. 


You May Also Like

0 comments